About Women's International Pharmacy
We Appreciate Your Interest
- Since 1985, we have helped both men and women restore their hormone balance.
- We prepare custom compounded bioidentical hormone medications as directed by licensed healthcare practitioners.
- Our prescriptions are made with high quality plant derived ingredients that match hormones present in the human body.
Working Together for Best Results
- The triad of patient, practitioner, and Women's International Pharmacy works together to ensure that our high quality bioidentical hormone prescriptions provide optimum hormone balance.
- An assessment of the patient's symptoms and the findings of individual hormone tests can assist the practitioner in identifying specific hormone imbalances.
- The practitioner then forwards the appropriate prescription to Women's International Pharmacy, indicating the dosage strength and type of formulation (capsules, creams, gels, lozenges) needed to restore hormone balance.
- As directed by the practitioner, the pharmacist prepares compounded medications to meet the patient's specific hormone needs.
- A variety of formulations can be compounded and in many cases, for convenience, more than one hormone can be mixed together into one formulation. Flavoring can be added to enhance the palatability of lozenges and drops.
Compounding... A Precise and Careful Process
- Compounding is done exclusively by our laboratory staff which consists of pharmacists, technicians, and lab support personnel.
- Technicians are required to complete national certification and participate in a multi-faceted training program, which includes competency and completion of training documentation.
- Our quality assurance goes beyond what is required. For detailed information on our comprehensive quality assurance protocols, please see Quality Assurance.
Convenient Ordering and Delivery
- New prescriptions may be phoned in by the practitioner (clinical staff); faxed or mailed in to us.
- Once the prescription is received, it will be processed and filled promptly. Prescriptions are mailed directly to the patient via United States Postal Service (USPS) - Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.
- Refills may be made in several convenient ways: online; automated prescription telephone service; or mail in the Prescription Refill Form found at the bottom of your Invoice.
This pharmacy will only dispense a controlled substance to a person who has a valid prescription issued for a legitimate medical purpose based upon a medical relationship with a prescribing practitioner. This includes at least one prior in-person medical evaluation or medical evaluation via telemedicine in accordance with applicable requirements of section 309 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 829).*
*Women's International Pharmacy is exempt from the Ryan Haight Act's definition of an "online pharmacy" because activities are limited solely to the following exemption: A pharmacy registered under 21 U.S.C. 823(f) whose dispensing of controlled substances via the Internet consists solely of (I) Refilling prescriptions for controlled substances in schedule III, IV, or V, as defined in paragraph [U.S.C. 802(55)].
Women's International Pharmacy Inc does not have any contractual relationships with any practitioner to provide medical evaluations or issue prescriptions for controlled substances through referrals from this web site or at the request of Women's International Pharmacy Inc, or any employee or agent thereof.