Oral Progesterone Improves Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
Written by Kathy Lynch, PharmD – Women’s International Pharmacy
A recent study supports the common belief that oral progesterone helps with post-menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats. The study included 133 healthy women, ages 44 to 62, who received either 300 mg oral progesterone or a placebo for a twelve-week trial period.
The women who took progesterone described significant decreases in the frequency and severity of both day and night-time vasomotor symptoms. In addition, they reported significant improvement in their sleep quality.
- Are More Women Choosing Personalized Medicine?
- Bioidentical Progesterone vs. Synthetic Progestins
- Broccoli and Hormone Balance
- Can Estrogen Help Migraines?
- Connections: Good Night, Sleep Tight
- Connections: Menopause
- Connections: A Lifetime of Progesterone
- Healthy Sleep and Rest
- Hormones for Hot Flashes
- Hot Flashes and Heart Disease